Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Greatest Gift

It probably sounds weird, but the first thing I thought of after finishing the first paragraph of this story was my elk hinting obsession. I think what triggered it was the sentence about reading every thing you can get you hands on about a certain subject. The whole story seemed to related to my obsession, as I read on. I realize giving birth and taking care of a baby has nothing to do with elk hunting, but let me help you out to see my side of things.
The first paragraph fits right in as I stated above, I have and continue to read every book about elk I can get my hands on. It seems as though i cant learn enough about them. My problem though is the same as Tengelitsch's when I go to apply what I have read about elk it seems that I know nothing about them. After Tengelitsch gave birth she could not apply what she had read about children to he own child. The more tactics I read about and tried to implement the fewer animals I saw. I was trying to recreate what I read and hunt like the authors of the books. Tengelitsch tried and tried to be like Martha Stewart, but the more she tried the more she failed.
My lack of success made me stop and think what i was doing wrong. I figured I needed to get back to the basics of animal needs food, water, and shelter. Tengelitsch realized that having a puppy was to much for he to handle. She needed to find her self as a mother, the same as I did with hunting. All in all quit trying to be people you are not, be an individual.

No comments: